When the snow starts to melt and the spring season joins us, I want nothing more than easy & quick meals and desserts to make for the family.
I love cooking more than I do baking. Cooking can be quick forgiving over baking. That’s why when it comes to desserts, I gravitate towards the no-bake recipes.
I am sharing my favourite no-bake (uncooked) cookie nests recipe which makes it perfect for Spring/ Easter! You can also make these just as drop cookies, opting out of the mini eggs.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup coconut ** (if you do not add coconut, add 1/2 – 1 cup of oats (or additional grain like Cheerios)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mini eggs (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring milk, sugar, cocoa, and butter to a boil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat.
- Add oats, salt, vanilla and mix thoroughly
- Drop by tablespoons onto wax paper.
- Press into cookie with bottom of tablespoon or thumb to create indent and place mini eggs in nest.
- Let cool & harden. (Line baking tray with wax paper & place in fridge or freezer to speed up the process.)
* You will need to drop quickly onto sheets as it will start to harden in your pan.
See! Easy and quick no bake cookies nests for everyone to enjoy and will be a big hit with the kiddos. You can be very forgiving on the oats and cocoa. I tend to add a touch more here or there and they always turn out amazing. I hope you enjoyed my favourite Spring/ Easter cookie recipe. Let me know if you make these!
To check out more spring desserts head to my friends below to see what they are sharing: