Sundays are for self care, and I definitely think baking cookies are included in a list somewhere! If not, then I am adding to mine.
I have seen a few of these recipes going around for Mini Egg Cookies and I had to give it a try. Especially since we are approaching Easter! It took everything I had not to eat the entire bag before making the cookies. I had to hide them from the rest of the family too.
Like everything I cook or bake, I tend to read 5-10 recipes online, pick and choose from each one that seems to be consistent and read the comments on what people have tried & changed with them. Then I proceed to make whatever it may be. So I never really stick with one recipe and I am always tweaking here and there, but this is what I am going to be adding to my recipe book, and hopefully yours too!
These are super easy and quick to whip up which is a bonus!
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup salted butter (softened, not melted)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ½ tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup of whole mini eggs
- ½ cup of mini eggs (chopped, put in ziplock bag to crush)
- optional : ½ cup of chocolate chips (I normally add this to half a batch)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl, mix white and brown sugar, vanilla, and butter
- Add eggs, and mix
- In second bowl, mix flour & baking soda
- Slowly add dry ingredients and stir to combine
- Dough will be soft and sticky
- Mix both whole and chopped mini eggs into dough
- Drop 1 – 1 ½ tbsp of mixture onto non stick cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (cookies should be soft when pulled out)
- Let cool & enjoy!
See! Super easy and quick to make, and they do not disappoint! They were gone so quickly in my house and they are now a staple to bake every Spring/ Easter!
Let me know if you make these cookies. I think Banana Chocolate Chip muffins are definitely my next bake! Happy Sunday x