Do you remember the days when YouTube make-up videos were all the craze? The best high-end, the best drugstore, must-haves and hauls. They were one of my favourite types of videos to watch. I was always interested in make-up and trying new products. I loved sitting at my vanity and trying new eyeshadow, seeing if I can master the cat eye and of course, all those lip swatches!
Times have changed over the past few years. After a lot of trial and error with products here and being a busy mom, I felt comfortable with the products I needed to have on the daily and I may test the waters on the newest must-have palette here or there.
I tend to gravitate to make-up videos than fashion and I love having people ask me thoughts and opinions on make-up brands, what to use, etc. I have developed what I believe is my absolute ride or die staples in my make-up routine. I no longer need the acrylic drawers on top of the white glass top vanity next to the IKEA Alex dressers (you know, the beauty room every “guru” had, and every girl who loved make up dreamed of having). I now spend maybe 20 minutes doing my make-up, grabbing my go to items, while I sip my coffee in hopes I do not have only one eyebrow drawn on before my son wakes up.
To start off, as I mentioned, I no longer sit at a vanity table to do my make-up. I am up and at it, in my bathroom, digging through my make-up bag. Three quarters of the time, my make-up would get thrown into a go bag anyways to pop into my purse or weekender bag. I needed something that would still keep my make-up organized without taking up too much space. I purchased this one from the states on Amazon.com, but you can find very similar ones on Amazon.ca as well! I have mine linked below and another option from Amazon.ca.
* It is actually cheaper to buy the one from Amazon.com than the Canadian one!
I absolutely love this makeup bag. I tend to throw my make-up in a big open case but can be a pain to find exactly what you are looking for when you have to ruffle through to the bottom. You can remove the inserts and place them to fit your needs. This can be used for not only make-up but for skin care, and any other items your heart desires. You can also take out the entire inside and it be just one big case (but I like the dividers).
On the top part of the case, there is a space for your brushes, as well as a zippered pouch where you can place other items. I normally fit one of my palettes in there that is my go-to everyday palette. When you have the brushes in there, it does get a little tight. I normally keep my palettes in a container, in my bathroom drawers.
Alright, now, enough about this amazing case, now for the goodies inside. I will be going through my must-haves. I tend to gravitate towards more drugstore items as I like to pick them up at my local drugstore without breaking the bank. I will not be going into too much detail about each product. If you would like a full review on one, leave me a comment, tweet me or send me a dm on insta!
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More Luminizer Primer: Once I have my skin care products on in the morning, I always use a primer. I have been absolutely loving this as a base before my foundation that I received in my FabFitFun box. It’s smooth and weightless!
- L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Glotion Natural Glow Enhancer: I use this under my foundation when I want a little bit of a glow, or you can use this on it’s own if you do not want to wear foundation
- L’OREAL Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation: This has been my go-to light-medium coverage foundation. I have normal to dry skin and this is just perfect for me!
- L’oreal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer: I have been told this is a Tarte Tape-Shape dupe. Now I have never tried it but this concealer is golden for spot cover-ups and under eye circles (which yes, this tired momma has)
- Rimmel London – Stay Matte Pressed Powder: This has been the only powder I use to set my makeup. I find it’s lightweight and gives me just enough coverage, without drying my face out.
- L’Oreal Paris Paradise Enchanted Blush: These blushes are super pigmented so a little goes a long way. And did I mention they smell so yummy!
My brows are a process and I am thinking of possibly getting them micro-bladed! If you have them done, I would love to hear about your experience!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Brow Wiz – Medium Brown: This is my ride or die. If I have to use one brow product, I will use this. The main reason why I use the Benefit brow products as well is so that this pencil can be used more for outlining and fine detail.
- Benefit Cosmetics Foolproof Brow Powder: I love this powder to use to fill in after I outline, or to add quickly if I want to run out the door and just want to fill in my sparse brows for a bit of a fuller look.
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil: I use this to fill in my brows after I use my ABH Brow Wiz to outline and define. I do not always use this but this goes a long way as I normally use this if want a more full brow
- Benefit Cosmetics Benefit Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel: Once all said and done, I use this to set my brows. You can use a clear gel, but I love that this has color to the gel to add fullness.
- Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum: I have been using this liquid eyeliner for at least 5 years now! It is incredibly easy to use to create a smooth line and perfect cat eye.
- L’Oreal Paris Mascara Voluminous Lash Paradise: If you are looking for a Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara Dupe. This. Is. It. I won’t go back to any other mascara. I get full, long looking lashes, for a fraction of the cost.
- L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour, Fairest Nude: I have a few lipsticks, but this is one I wear every single day. No, seriously. This is the number one lipstick I wear, the only thing I can truly vouch for. This is my number one repeat purchase.
- Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette: This is a palette that I definitely specifically for the neutrals. I have a harder time using some of the bright colors but if you need a pop of colour, this is a great lightweight palette. It fits the makeup case if I place it on top of the compartments rather than inside the pouch.
- Morphe X Jaclyn Hill Ring The Alarm Eyeshadow Palette: I have the entire Vault collection but the colors in this specific palette are lovely for fall. I have been reaching for this one in the colder months.
- Tarte Tartelette Amazonian clay matte palette: If you need one palette for travels… get this one! I am all for matte shadows so I am not disappointed that this does not have any shimmers (Tarte has a few with a mix if you are interested) but the neutrals are perfect for an everyday look and small for travel. Bonus that the palette smells like chocolate
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Contour Cream Kit – Light: Yes this is not an eyeshadow palette, but I wanted to group this together. This is my go to contour palette. I normally would use powder but when I accidentally picked this one up, I won’t go back to powder. The cream is easy to apply and lasts much longer than powder.
I will be posting all about my make-up brushes I use daily in another post! I have a lot of brushes and I have established what I think works best with the products I have mentioned!
I hope this was helpful and maybe you can have a few new staples added to your make-up routine. Which product are you most excited to try, or have you tried one of these products mentioned and are in as much love with it as I am?
** Some links may be affiliate links. This post is not sponsored and all thoughts and opinions are my own.
SHOP THIS POST